Welcome to Spirit Rising:
General classes are open to everyone regardless of current levels of experience or activity.
Classes move at a moderate speed to allow students to progress at their own pace.
Tai Chi Chuan Level I & II are more rigorous and require prerequisites or permission from the instructor.
Regularly scheduled classes run in 8-week sessions
Please see the Schedule Page for current dates by clicking on the monthly Calendars when available.
• Please remember to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes
• T-shirts and athletic/sweat pants are standard
• Flat non-stick soles (basket/racquetball shoes) that allow for movement in all directions are ideal
• Please avoid clogs, slides or flip-flop type shoes
• Please remember to bring (and drink) plenty of water ~
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Although we ask that all participants follow protocol for COVID ~ masks are optional for outdoor classes ~ Please do not come to class if you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to COVID ~ We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation to ensure everyone’s safety!
Outdoor classes are weather permitting.
Please see our Welcome page for delays or cancellations.
Currently located on the Ivoryton Green
(Students will gather at the Gazebo adjacent to the Ivoryton Playhouse)
Sponsored by the Ivoryton Alliance
Indoor Classes have been postponed
previously located at
Trinity Lutheran Church
109 Main St, Centerbrook, CT 06409
(Please enter through the double red doors and come down the stairs on your left)
Free Parking is street side – Please be safe and use the crosswalk
Online Classes: TBA
Online Classes Via Zoom:
For Those With Secure Internet Access:
• Online classes listed on our schedule page will be offered by invitation only
• Please see Registration guidelines below to receive an invitation
• Sessions typically run in 8-week intervals with breaks for holidays –
Professional Online Services to include:
• 24/7 Access to live recordings posted for up to one week following each class
• Pre-Registration Required for new students
• $100 per session* per household (video access included)
TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
- TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES or for information regarding Outdoor Classes ~ PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW STUDENTS TAKE NOTE: PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED/ARRANGED TO GENERATE AN INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES
- PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
- CHECKS CAN BE MADE OUT AND SENT TO:
Po Box 427
East Haddam, Ct
No refunds: There are no refunds for missed classes without approval ~ if you cannot attend all the classes in a session please contact the instructor in advance. Missed classes may be made up online~ Otherwise, there will be no refunds or discounts unless you have made prior arrangements with the instructor.
Make-up classes are currently online only: If you miss an online class for any reason, you will be able to make up classes at any time during the week by accessing a live recording on Zoom. Please note: You must be registered for online classes to access videos. For classes by appointment: Due to limited scheduling, you will be offered a rain date (if available) or a refund for any classes canceled due to weather.
Cancellation policy: The instructor may cancel classes at her discretion due to weather or any other unforeseen situation. In the case of instructor cancellation, a rain date or refund will be issued. If you have an appointment and need to cancel for any reason, please give sufficient (24 hours) notice. Please note: In the event this policy is abused a $25 cancellation fee will be applied to your balance or a 50% charge will result in less than 24-hour notice ~ “No Shows” will be charged in full.
Please notify the instructor before class of any prior injuries or impediments to your full potential. Otherwise, please contact Sharon Didato, Certified Instructor, and Qigong Practitioner at Sharon@spiritrisingtaichi.com or send a TEXT to 860-301-0126. Thank you.
Notice to all students:
- Masks will be optional for outdoor classes
- All students are asked to please stay home if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms
- Likewise, if you have been exposed to COVID please wear a mask or consider staying home
- All indoor participants must be prepared to wear a mask (I.e. according to mandates)
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation to ensure everyone’s safety!
~ Please note: We will do our best to adapt as CT guidelines / mandates continue to change ~