Welcome to Spirit Rising:
Classes are open to everyone regardless of current levels of experience or activity. Classes move at a moderate speed to allow students to progress at their own pace. Tai Chi Chuan Level I & II are more rigorous and require prerequisites or permission from the instructor.
Notice to students:
~ All indoor classes are temporarily postponed ~
Until then, please continue to “Do Your Part” ~
Wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet ~
Live well, practice kindness, and keep smiling!
Spirit Rising is offering online classes and other alternatives while Connecticut remains locked down. Until we are ready to return to a full-time schedule, please choose from the following options below:
Online Classes Via Zoom:
For Those With Secure Internet Access:
• Online classes will be offered Mondays and Thursdays at 9 am
• Please see our schedule page for dates/times and calendars
• Sessions will run in 8-week intervals with breaks for holidays
• Professional Online Services to include access to live recordings each week
• Live recordings will be posted for up to one week following each class
• Pre-Registration Required (Online registration coming soon)!
• $100 per session* per household (video access included) *Discounts available for COVID hardship
Tai Chi/Qigong in person
- Outdoor classes available for scheduling Mon/Weds
- Pre-registration required
- Masks and safe distancing required at all times
- Maximum of 4 students
- $100 per person/per session
- Or $15 -20 per person / per class
Private and semi-private lessons:
• Outdoor lessons by appointment only
• Masks and safe distancing required at all times
• Please contact Instructor for details
TO REGISTER FOR OUTDOOR CLASSES:
Please contact the Instructor via email, text or phone ~ Thank you!
TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
1. PLEASE REPLY FROM THE EMAIL YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE YOUR INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES
(Subject: RSVP Monday Qigong or RSVP Thurs. Basics)
2. UNTIL ONLINE PAYMENT CAN BE ARRANGED I WILL ACCEPT LOCAL CHECKS BY MAIL
NOTE: Payment must be received to generate an online invitation
3. PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO MY LOCAL ADDRESS OR THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW:
CHECKS CAN BE MADE OUT AND SENT TO:
Po Box 427
East Haddam, Ct
ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING SOON!!!
Classes Located at:
Trinity Lutheran Church
109 Main St, Centerbrook, CT 06409
ARE TEMPORARILY POSTPONED DUE TO COVID
(Please enter through the double red doors and come down the stairs on your left)
Free Parking is street side – Please be safe and use the crosswalk
Regularly scheduled classes run in 8-week sessions
Please see Schedule Page for current dates by clicking on the monthly Calendars.
• Please remember to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
• T-shirts and athletic/sweat pants are standard.
• Flat non-stick soles are ideal (basketball or racquetball type shoes that allow for movement in all directions are best).
• Please avoid clogs or flip-flop/slip-on type shoes.
• Please remember to bring (and drink) plenty of water!
No refunds: There are no refunds for missed classes without approval ~ if you cannot attend all the classes in a session please contact the instructor in advance. Missed classes may be made up online~ Otherwise, there will be no refunds or discounts unless you have made prior arrangements with the instructor.
Make-up classes are currently online only: If you miss an online class for any reason, you will be able to make-up class at any time during the week by accessing a live recording on Zoom. Please note: You must be registered for online classes to access videos. For classes by appointment: Due to limited scheduling, you will be offered a rain date (if available) or a refund for any classes canceled due to weather.
Cancellation policy: The instructor may cancel classes at her discretion due to weather or any other unforeseen situation. In the case of instructor cancellation, a rain date or refund will be issued. If you need to cancel for any reason, please understand that when you do not give sufficient (24 hours) notice, time is spent preparing for the appointment and/or we miss the opportunity to utilize that time for another student. Please note: In the event, this policy is abused a $25 cancellation fee will be applied to your balance or a 50% charge will result for less than 24-hour notice ~ “No Shows” will be charged in full.
Please notify the instructor before class of any prior injuries or impediments to your full potential. Please contact Sharon Didato, Certified Instructor, and Qigong Practitioner at Sharon@spiritrisingtaichi.com or call 860-301-0126.