Welcome to Spirit Rising:
Classes are open to everyone regardless of current levels of experience or activity. Classes move at a moderate speed to allow students to progress at their own pace. Tai Chi Chuan Level I & II are more rigorous and require prerequisites or permission from the instructor.
Notice to students:
~ All indoor classes are temporarily postponed ~
Until then, please continue to “Do Your Part” ~
Wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet ~
Live well, practice kindness, and keep smiling!
Spirit Rising is offering online classes and other alternatives while Connecticut remains locked down. Until we are ready to return to a full-time schedule, please choose from the following options below:
Online Classes Via Zoom:
For Those With Secure Internet Access:
• Online classes listed on our schedule page will be offered by invitation only
• Please see Registration guidelines below to receive an invitation
• Sessions typically run in 8-week intervals with breaks for holidays – Please see our policies below
Professional Online Services to include:
• 24/7 Access to live recordings posted for up to one week following each class
• Pre-Registration Required for new students
• $100 per session* per household (video access included)
*Discounts available for COVID hardship
Tai Chi/Qigong in person TBA – weather permitting
TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
1. PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES
2. NEW STUDENTS TAKE NOTE: PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED/ARRANGED TO GENERATE AN INVITATION
3. PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
4. CHECKS CAN BE MADE OUT AND SENT TO:
Po Box 427
East Haddam, Ct
ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING SOON!!!
Classes Located at:
Trinity Lutheran Church
109 Main St, Centerbrook, CT 06409
ARE TEMPORARILY POSTPONED DUE TO COVID
(Please enter through the double red doors and come down the stairs on your left)
Free Parking is street side – Please be safe and use the crosswalk
Regularly scheduled classes run in 8-week sessions
Please see Schedule Page for current dates by clicking on the monthly Calendars.
• Please remember to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
• T-shirts and athletic/sweat pants are standard.
• Flat non-stick soles are ideal (basketball or racquetball type shoes that allow for movement in all directions are best).
• Please avoid clogs or flip-flop/slip-on type shoes.
• Please remember to bring (and drink) plenty of water!
No refunds: There are no refunds for missed classes without approval ~ if you cannot attend all the classes in a session please contact the instructor in advance. Missed classes may be made up online~ Otherwise, there will be no refunds or discounts unless you have made prior arrangements with the instructor.
Make-up classes are currently online only: If you miss an online class for any reason, you will be able to make-up class at any time during the week by accessing a live recording on Zoom. Please note: You must be registered for online classes to access videos. For classes by appointment: Due to limited scheduling, you will be offered a rain date (if available) or a refund for any classes canceled due to weather.
Cancellation policy: The instructor may cancel classes at her discretion due to weather or any other unforeseen situation. In the case of instructor cancellation, a rain date or refund will be issued. If you need to cancel for any reason, please understand that when you do not give sufficient (24 hours) notice, time is spent preparing for the appointment and/or we miss the opportunity to utilize that time for another student. Please note: In the event, this policy is abused a $25 cancellation fee will be applied to your balance or a 50% charge will result for less than 24-hour notice ~ “No Shows” will be charged in full.
Please notify the instructor before class of any prior injuries or impediments to your full potential. Please contact Sharon Didato, Certified Instructor, and Qigong Practitioner at Sharon@spiritrisingtaichi.com or call 860-301-0126. Thank you.