Welcome to Spirit Rising:
Classes are open to everyone regardless of current levels of experience or activity. Classes move at a moderate speed to allow students to progress at their own pace. Tai Chi Chuan Level I & II are more rigorous and require prerequisites or permission from the instructor.
Notice to students:
Our regularly scheduled classes are temporarily canceled~ Spirit Rising is offering Online class as an alternative for those who have access to secure internet connections while Connecticut remains locked down.
~ Please see the guidelines for online classes below ~
Otherwise, please stay posted for Outdoor Sessions starting as soon as we are able to do so safely ~ Until then, the recommendation is to continue to “Do our Part” by maintaining social distance –
Be safe and stay strong!
TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE CLASSES:
- PLEASE RSVP: This will generate your invitation to the Thursday morning Qigong classes for the month- Please RSVP from the email address you would like to receive your invitation to our online classes ~ (Subject line: RSVP)
- TO REGISTER: PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW (Registration is per household)
- The suggested donation will be $40 per month ~ For those who are experiencing economic hardships at this time, I will be offering subscriptions on a sliding scale as long as I am able. Please contact me directly for more information. (Subject line: RSVP/COVID)
- UNTIL ONLINE PAYMENT CAN BE ARRANGED I WILL BE ACCEPTING CHECKS BY MAIL ~ CHECKS CAN BE MADE OUT AND SENT TO SHARON DIDATO / PO BOX 427 / EAST HADDAM, CT 06423
Located at: TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Trinity Lutheran Church
109 Main St, Centerbrook, CT 06409
(Please enter through the double red doors
and come down the stairs on your left)
Free Parking is street side –
Please be safe and use the crosswalk
All classes run in 8-week sessions
Any missed classes must be made up during the concurrent session.
Please see Schedule Page for current dates by clicking on the monthly Calendars.
- Please remember to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes. T-shirts and athletic/sweat pants are standard.
- Flat non-stick soles are ideal (basketball or racquetball type shoes that allow for movement in all directions are best).
- Please avoid clogs or flip-flop/slip-on type shoes.
- Please remember to bring (and drink) plenty of water!
Pay by the session: $100-120* or by the class “walk-in” for $15-18* Please Note: * indicates a 1.5-hour class ($120 / $18)
No refunds: There are no refunds for missed classes without approval ~ Missed classes may be made up by the end of the session ~
Make-up classes: If you miss a class for any reason, you will be welcome to make-up classes during the session (in any of our current classes).
Ongoing classes such as Therapeutic Qigong and Tai Chi Basics (for new beginners) will be open to anyone (all levels welcome) to drop in at any time during the first few weeks of the session.
Note: If you cannot attend other classes to make-up there will be no refunds or discounts unless you have made prior arrangements with the instructor.
Please notify the instructor before class of any prior injuries or impediments to your full potential. Please contact Sharon Didato, Certified Instructor and Qigong Practitioner at Sharon@spiritrisingtaichi.com or call 860-301-0126.