Welcome to Spirit Rising:
General classes are open to everyone regardless of current levels of experience or activity.
Classes move at a moderate speed to allow students to progress at their own pace.
Tai Chi Chuan Level I & II are more rigorous and require prerequisites or permission from the instructor.
Notice to students:
~ All indoor classes are temporarily postponed ~
Spirit Rising is offering online classes and outdoor alternatives until we are ready to return to our regularly scheduled classes at our Centerbrook location. Please see the outdoor and online options outlined below.
Until then, please continue to “Do Your Part” ~
Wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance of at least 6 feet where and when required ~
Above all ~ live well, practice kindness, and keep smiling!
Online Classes Via Zoom:
For Those With Secure Internet Access:
• Online classes listed on our schedule page will be offered by invitation only
• Please see Registration guidelines below to receive an invitation
• Sessions typically run in 8-week intervals with breaks for holidays –
Professional Online Services to include:
• 24/7 Access to live recordings posted for up to one week following each class
• Pre-Registration Required for new students
• $100 per session* per household (video access included)
All outdoor Tai Chi classes and/or private sessions are weather permitting –
- Outdoor classes will be posted on the Welcome page, the Schedule page
- You may also check for updated Calendars on the Schedule page
- Please contact the instructor to inquire about ongoing or private classes
Please see IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW:
We will be practicing social distancing recommendations until further notice and ask that you please wear a mask if you are not vaccinated ~ We thank you for your understanding and participation to ensure everyone’s safety!
TO REGISTER FOR CLASSES:
- TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES or for information regarding Outdoor Classes ~ PLEASE SEND EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW STUDENTS TAKE NOTE: PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED/ARRANGED TO GENERATE AN INVITATION TO ONLINE CLASSES
- PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW
- CHECKS CAN BE MADE OUT AND SENT TO:
Po Box 427
East Haddam, Ct
5. OUTDOOR CLASSES: BY DONATION ONLY
ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING SOON!!!
Classes Located at:
Trinity Lutheran Church
109 Main St, Centerbrook, CT 06409
ARE TEMPORARILY POSTPONED
(Please enter through the double red doors and come down the stairs on your left)
Free Parking is street side – Please be safe and use the crosswalk
Regularly scheduled classes run in 8-week sessions
Please see the Schedule Page for current dates by clicking on the monthly Calendars.
• Please remember to wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
• T-shirts and athletic/sweat pants are standard.
• Flat non-stick soles are ideal (basketball or racquetball-type shoes that allow for movement in all directions are best).
• Please avoid clogs or flip-flop/slip-on type shoes.
• Please remember to bring (and drink) plenty of water!
No refunds: There are no refunds for missed classes without approval ~ if you cannot attend all the classes in a session please contact the instructor in advance. Missed classes may be made up online~ Otherwise, there will be no refunds or discounts unless you have made prior arrangements with the instructor.
Make-up classes are currently online only: If you miss an online class for any reason, you will be able to make up classes at any time during the week by accessing a live recording on Zoom. Please note: You must be registered for online classes to access videos. For classes by appointment: Due to limited scheduling, you will be offered a rain date (if available) or a refund for any classes canceled due to weather.
Cancellation policy: The instructor may cancel classes at her discretion due to weather or any other unforeseen situation. In the case of instructor cancellation, a rain date or refund will be issued. If you need to cancel for any reason, please understand that when you do not give sufficient (24 hours) notice, time is spent preparing for the appointment, and/or we miss the opportunity to utilize that time for another student. Please note: In the event, this policy is abused a $25 cancellation fee will be applied to your balance or a 50% charge will result in less than 24-hour notice ~ “No Shows” will be charged in full.
Please notify the instructor before class of any prior injuries or impediments to your full potential. Please contact Sharon Didato, Certified Instructor, and Qigong Practitioner at Sharon@spiritrisingtaichi.com or call 860-301-0126. Thank you.